Human Resources


Please DO NOT allow anyone (external vendor or student) to begin working before you have discussed the hiring process/vendoring process with a member of the staff.


You can find a copy of the CSS manual timesheet: here

Please complete and email directly to sends e-mail)

Timesheet Deadlines:

Are located here(PDF file)

Questions about your pay, benefits or need to update your contact or banking information?

Click here(link is external) to submit a request to your HR Partner at Campus Shared Services.

Visiting Scholars and Visiting Student Researchers 

Requests to appoint a Visiting Scholar (VS) or Visiting Student Researcher (VSR) must be received by the Chair and staff at least 6 months prior to the intended start date. Before agreeing to sponsor a visitor, please email sends e-mail). Sponsors must be current full-time department faculty. Faculty who will be on sabbatical or research leave should not agree to sponsor individuals during their leave. Visitors might be doing their own research, but are required to check in and have access to their sponsor throughout their time at Berkeley.

Officially appointed visitors will have access to a campus CalNet ID card, a campus email address, and access to all campus library facilities. 

Visitors are required to pay a university services fee(link is external) and a visa processing fee(link is external).

Helpful Links for Faculty Reference 

Visiting Scholar and Postdoc Affairs Office VSPA(link is external)

Links to Visiting Scholar, Student Researcher, and Postdoc Appointment Definitions(link is external)

Please note: If a recent grad needs library access, a library card might work for their needs. It's available to both community members and alumni (though the extent of their access may be limited). See the Library's page about library cards for non-UCB patrons.