2014 Judith Lee Stronach Travel Seminar Symposium
Student participants in this year's Travel Seminar to the Bay of Naples will present their research papers at a Symposium in honor of the Seminar's benefactor, Judith Stronach. The Symposium will end at approximately 1:00 p.m. (refreshments will be served at a break in the program).
Schedule of presentations:
Professor Andrew Stewart: Opening Remarks
Professor Christopher Hallett: Hellenism and Luxury on the Bay of Naples: A Travelogue
- Kelsey Turbeville: "Cultivated Interiors at 'Villa A' at Oplontis"
- Aaron Brown: "Pisciculture as Spectacle in the Praedia of Julia Felix"
- Sarah Smith: "Diadems are a Girl's Best Friend: Jewelry in Pompeiian Portraiture"
- Caroline Cheung: "Metamorphoses and Salvation in the Cult of Isis at Pompeii"
- Eric Driscoll: "Theatrical Aesthetics: Nature and Culture at the Edges of the Roman House"
- Miriam Said: "'Panhandling:' Pan and the She-Goat from the Villa of the Papyri"
- David Loer: "Luxury on Show: The Suburban Baths at Herculaneum"
- Amanda de Joinville: "Reflections of Wealth on Pompeiian Walls: Technique, Materials, Pigment"
- Kevin Moch: "The Dionysiac Bronzes from the Atrium of the Villa of the Papyri"